Here are my ten predictions for 2015. Most of them probably will be incorrect. Yes. I’m seldom right, but I’m never without an opinion.
- Udemy, SkillShare and similar marketplaces for online courses will increase the number of offerings. The quality bar will raise. The marketplaces might become saturated.
- Coding academies will expand into online format to cut costs and consolidate as the geo-markets will get saturated. At the same time traditional education (colleges, universities) will continue to get people into debt and produce inadequate results.
- The number of freelancers (coding, design, copywriting, VAs) will increase while their prices will remain competitively low.
- Apps and small SaaS businesses will become even easier to build spiking new offerings for consumers and business.
- Majority of unsuccessful and unpopular podcasts (~95%) will die.
- More people will start leaving their normal jobs for entrepreneurial endeavors or start side projects. Other will look for alternative paths for their creativity (books, blogging, freelance).
- Robots will become smarter and continue to displace blue-color jobs (driverless cars, Amazon.com delivery drones, Roomba). Hence, re-training for new jobs is vital (see #2 and #3).
- The zen-like lifestyle stress-free trend will continue to grow supported by more studies and better diets like Paleo/Bulletproof/SCD/Slowcarbs. More farm-to-table choices and more organic and grass-fed options will be available.
- Technical and business books will become cheaper, often times free to serve as lead generation for later upsell into other products like online trainings, seminars… and entertainment books are already at the $0.99 mark.
- Internet television (YouTube) and shows from tech companies (Netflix, Amazon.com) is going replace traditional TV in more home. It will be even cheaper to start your own TV channel online that ever before.
What are your thoughts about my predictions? What are you predictions for 2015?
To contact Azat, the main author of this blog, submit the contact form.
Also, make sure to get 3 amazing resources to FREE when you sign up for the newsletter.