The DocuSign Momentum conference is just a few days away, and my team and I has been pulling long shift in order to deliver something absolutely amazing and to make sure that it’s in a great shape. So I wanted to share what exactly helps me stay healthy, sane, productive and happy working as a programmer 10–12 hours per day sustainably:
- Get at least seven to eight hours of sleep
- Skip breakfast: clears mind, reduces calories intake, and saves time
- Check work email only a few time per day and check personal email/Facebook/LinkedIn/etc only once (in the evening) preferably inboxing zero both categories
- Meditate and workout (12 minutes is enough)
- Cancel all activities and avoid any additional obligations and projects
- Wear uniform-like clothing
- Drink lots of good coffee (e.g., bulletproof coffee)
- Avoid fruits, sugars, sodas (even diet ones), grains, legumes and potatoes, i.e., paleo lifestyle/diet
- Change workstations: resistance ball chair, stand-up desk, sofa, etc.
- Consume vitamins: C, Omega–3, Multivitamins and D3
- Take walks and stay positive!
PS: The Healthy Programmer book has been on my to-do list for a long time. Please let me know whether you read/liked it.