Node Program is the fastest and most engaging way to get started with Node.js, MongoDB and Express.js. It’s an intensive weekend-long live course taught in the Bay Area by skilled experts who have run Node.js in production for years!
Node Program is the ultimate way to get up and running with the foundations of Node.js, by learning the required foundational skills to use Node.js! Learn more about our approach and curriculum.
NODE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Engaging: Live experience learning from instructors, mentors and peers
- Customized: Uniquely tailored to your needs; treat us as your consultants and coaches!
- Convenient: One weekend (16h), no need to take PTO or travel (Bay Area)
- Limited: Only 10 seats in each course; students undergo application process to insure they get the maximum out of the program and plenty of individualized attention
- Exclusive: The course will be repeated only 6 times
- Tested: Instructors have years of practical experience with Node.js and materials have been carefully developed and tested for success
- Practical: Students will walk out with multiple Node.js apps (projects)
- Transferable: Node Program is non-refundable because we want 100% commitment from students; but in the case of unforeseen circumstances you can transfer registration to another person before the deadline.
INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO TEACHING
- Lectures, mentors, books
- Hands-on projects, self-study
- Paired programming, peers and discussions
- Time to digest and process, allowing the knowledge to sink in
At Node Program we take this approach seriously, and provide you with the first three parts: mentorship, time for personal projects, paired programming and discussions. Then, students have a week to digest the information and come back for a follow-up session where we’ll do office hours answering questions, reviewing code and looking at your projects’ demos. So we are here to answer your questions and help you process the information, if needed. The office hours will be conducted one week after the training to answer any follow up questions.
Another difference compared to other educational formats is that Node Program is a customized learning experience. Basically treat us as your consultants. During the registration, you can ask us up to five questions before the course even starts! And during the course, you can work on your project and use our instructors as coaches. We also provide guidance to the applicants whose level is not advanced enough to get the full benefit of the program.
This is the core Node Program curriculum:
- Building “Hello World” in Node.js
- Node.js Core Modules
- Node Package Manager
- Deploying “Hello World” to PaaS
- Deploying to Heroku
- Message Board: Run-Time Memory Version
- Test Case for Message Board
- MongoDB shell (mongo)
- MongoDB Native Driver (mongodb)
- MongoDB on Heroku: MongoHQ
- MongoDB BSON data types
- Message Board: MongoDB Version
- Express.js 4
- Express.js 4 Generator
- Main Middleware
- Jade Template Engine
- Stylus CSS library
- Mocha for TDD/BDD
- Full-stack : Working on an Angular.js app that uses MongoDB, Node.js and Express.js server
- Integration : Working on third-party integration (Twitter) using OAuth and Everyauth
- Deployment : Working on deploying Node.js apps to Amazon Web Services (AWS) with Nginx and Varnish Cache
Only 8 spots are left for our July 2014 course? Learn more and register at http://nodeprogram.eventbrite.com.
Outside of the Bay Area or cannot attend? Let your Bay Area programmer friends know about Node Program.